The industry evolves rapidly due to changing customer buying behavior: both in-store and online. In Lifestyle market, e-commerce is very common, and has still enormous growth potential. Retailers design more multichannel retail concepts to maximize customers’ choice (e.g. in information search, receiving, collecting and returning goods), and to increase sales and bottom line results.
Netherlands is a home for many international fashion and lifestyle brands, hosting their headquarters, marketing, sales centers and/or logistic centers. Think for example Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, G-Star, Rituals, MEXX, Forever 21 etc. The Netherlands is for many reasons the heart of a centralized European distribution system, and Dutch logistics service providers are familiar with fashion, act on the rapid changes of the industry, and are innovative in finding new solutions.
- Customer centered thinking and primary service plays a role in lifestyle brands
- Dutch creativity is visible in the number of concept stores and combined offerings that make a way to larger customer experiences.
- Fashion and design are mixing with offerings of restaurants, and other services (e.g. theater, bars, movies)
- Multichannel offerings include also on-line services, like YouTube channels, and mobile services
- International big brands are widely present, but urban consumers typically also look for more unknown, personal and authentic small brands. Many small shops concentrate on serving this groups of consumers.
- Interest in sustainability, ecological and environmental choices grows further
- New business models emerge also in lifestyle, e.g. paying for using the product instead of owning it.
Did you know?
- The Amsterdam metropolitan area is an important fashion hub, combining creative excellence with logistics experience,
- It is host of the Amsterdam International Fashion Week, home to many international fashion companies and Schiphol international airport
- Consider also many supporting networks (advertising agencies, international fairs, Fashion Academy Arnhem, trade associations) have a significance foothold in Amsterdam.
- Good availability of logistics service providers specialized in fashion
Scandinavian clothing and interior brands have a good profile in the Netherlands and have been trending already for many years with success (Muuto, Eva Solo, Hays, Iittala, Marimekko, Marita, Nudie jeans, Tiger of Sweden, etc.)
Concept stores serving for the young urban citizens are continuously looking for new, rising brands.
There are many local, interesting smaller scale events and professional fairs for attracting the interests of the professional buyers.
How can we help you?
We are familiar with the retail industry in Amsterdam and surroundings. We have a direct access to local representatives and agents of Finnish and Scandinavian brands, Dutch lifestyle PR -agencies and most interesting events. We have experience in helping companies to enter the market for already more than ten years and have created success stories also with many Finnish brands in Lifestyle industry.
Want to know more?
Contact Petra Wullings for a chat about the Lifestyle industry in the Netherlands, we are more than happy to help you! Keep posted about the business opportunity news in The Netherlands and receive all updated Fact Sheets in your mailbox.